Below is a listing of our past newsletters in PDF format for you to view and download.
- MRSI is Sponsoring IMAPS 2017 — Raleigh, IMAPS 50th Anniversary Symposium
- Visit MRSI at Productronica
- CIOE – Big Success with Introduction of MRSI-HVM3
- MRSI to Exhibit at CIOE
- Upcoming Events: ECOC, Sweden, September 18-20 and Electronics Packaging Symposium, NY, September 19-20
- Read our Latest Article in Chip Scale Review: High-volume manufacturing (HVM) of chip-on-submount (CoS): challenges
- Upcoming Events: China International Optoelectronic Expo September 6-9 and ECOC September 18-20
- MRSI Systems is Exhibiting at Semicon West
- Customer Visits
- MRSI Blog – Weekly Insights into the Advanced Electronic Packaging Industry
- Case Study – MRSI Systems Automated Microwave Hybrid Manufacturing at TESAT-Spacecom (TESAT)
- TESAT’s challenge was to develop an “Automated Microwave Factory” to manufacture complex highly integrated LTCC microwave modules within the frequency range 2 to 77GHz, 24 hours per day including a manless overnight ghost shift
- Our Chinese Website Launch
- Our latest blog post: Challenges in Die Bonding of Gallium Nitride High Power Devices
- Gallium Nitride (GaN) materials have long been regarded as great alternatives and enhancements to GaAs and silicon-based counterparts for applications demanding high power and high frequency performance
- Upcoming Conferences
- Our latest blog post: High Volume Manufacturing of Photonic Components and Modules.
- In this post we discuss: Increasing demand for data and bandwidth requires high volume manufacturing (HVM) of photonics devices.
- Best Holiday Wishes from MRSI Systems
- We wish you a very Happy Holiday season and a peaceful and prosperous New Year.
- High Volume Manufacturing (HVM) of Chip on Submount (CoS)
- New Website Launch
- This month we launched our new website to celebrate our product family, share some great new technical content, and introduce you to our team.
- Advance Eutectic Packaging for Volume Manufacturing of Photonic, Microwave and RF Electronics
- Eutectic bonding is an area of particular interest in photonics, microwave and RF electronics, due to the need for a clean, highly thermally efficient process and for long-term reliability.
- MRSI Systems Provides MRSI-M3 Die Bonding Assembly Work Cell to Fabrinet
- MRSI Systems Provides MRSI-M3 Die Bonding Assembly Work Cell to Fabrinet in Silicon Valley for Fast Prototyping and New Product Introduction.
- Die Bonding with Integrated In Situ UV Curing
- One challenge in building photonic devices such as Active Optical Cables (AOC) is to ensure extremely accurate post die bond positioning of lenses or other critical devices.
- Automated Material Traceability
- Material traceability information is important for automotive components, medical devices, government contracts, aerospace & defense electronics and advanced manufacturing systems.
- Best Holiday Wishes
- We wish you a happy holiday season and a peaceful and prosperous New Year.
- Device Flipping Mechanisms & Eutectic Stages & TO Can Package
- Certain devices, especially optical parts, require a 90 degree change in orientation after pick up.
- Achieving Accurate Global and Local Alignments
- Having a proven ultra-accurate machine platform that is mechanically and thermally stable, with no cantilevered parts, is a baseline to achieve accurate device placement.
- Handling Large Aspect Ratio, Thin, Delicate Die
- Many applications including RF Power, Optical and MEMS require large, thin, high aspect ratio devices. Aspect ratios can exceed 45 to 1.
- AOC Die Bonder Integrated with In Situ Light Measurement
- One challenge in building photonic devices, such as Active Optical Cables (AOC), is to ensure proper light coupling as early in the manufacturing process as possible.
- MRSI Sponsors First Robotics Team
- FIRST® is an international not-for-profit organization founded by inventor Dean Kamen to inspire young people’s interest and participation in science, technology, engineering, and math).
- MRSI Expands Customer Support Organization
- To meet the demand of our rapidly expanding business, MRSI has been building up our customer support organization that is managed by Peter Cronin.
December 11th 2014
- Die Bonding of Silicon Photonic Devices
- Silicon photonics is an evolving technology in which data is transferred via light. Photons can carry far more data in less time than electrons providing scalable solutions for expanding data communication needs worldwide.
October 1st 2014
- Precision Dispensing of Conductive Epoxy
- MRSI Systems, a leading manufacturer of dispense and assembly equipment for semiconductor and photonic packaging, is now offering its industry leading MRSI-175Ag with a Rotary Style Positive Displacement Pump with a new higher resolution motor….
July 2nd 2014
- MRSI Systems now offers its flagship MRSI-M3 Assembly Work Cell configured to 1-micron placement accuracy!
- MRSI Systems, a leading manufacturer of semiconductor and optical assembly systems, is now offering its well-established M3 work cell with 1 micron placement accuracy…
May 24th 2014
- MRSI Systems Announces 2.5D/3D Thermo Compression Bonder
- MRSI Systems has been in development of an automated system and processes for thermo compression bonding that enables new methods of assembling semiconductor devices…
April 10th 2014
- Active Optical Cables (AOC) Assembly
- Active Optical Cables (AOC) technology is a cabling methodology that accepts the same electrical input as traditional copper cables, but utilizes optical fiber between the connectors…
January 27th 2014
- MRSI Systems Acquisition is Completed
- Today, we announce some exciting news as we enter the next chapter of our successful thirty year long history. The acquisition from Newport Corporation of MRSI Systems, a company established by the existing management team, is completed as of January 24, 2014…
January 10th 2014
- Fast Ramp Eutectic Die Attach
- Our systems are considered the industry standard for eutectic bonding. This capability includes the addition of a eutectic reflow station with fast temperature ramping capability…
- Newport to Sell All Shares of MRSI to a Team of Current Management
- MRSI was founded in 1984 and has remained focused on providing our customers with the highest quality services and solutions. On January 23, 2002 MRSI announced an agreement to be acquired by Newport Corporation…
- Servo Drive of Needle Mechanism Synchronized with Pick Up Collet
- Thin die handling has become a common need among customers building high performance packages. MRSI is known as a leader in the industry for handling thin die…
- Real Time Video Provides Process Monitoring for Dispense and Assembly:
- Real time video is available to monitor the dispense and assembly process on the Newport MRSI family of Dispense and Die Bonders…
- Applications Corner
- The MRSI-705 Assembly Workcell continues to set new industry standards for ultra-precise, high-speed component assembly…
- The Importance of Proper Lighting
- Lighting is an important component of any vision recognition system. When it comes to lighting it is not a case of “one size fits all”…
- Dispensing Solutions Update
- MRSI Systems has been busy adding new dispense features to the MRSI-175Ag Precision Dispense System and the dispensing options on our family of die bonders…